Job Locations US-KS-Satanta | US-WY-Cheyenne
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline is a leading transporter of natural gas to America's heartland, providing quality service since 1904. At Southern Star, our people are our greatest asset with growth and personal development at the forefront of our focus. We're committed to building a culture for everyone to do meaningful work and be recognized for their efforts.
Southern Star is a family-friendly, forward-thinking, customer-oriented company striving for innovation and collaboration in all parts of our business. You can find your second family here in an atmosphere that values trust, learning, teamwork, and having fun while getting the job done. We're an established company known as an employer of choice in our industry and recognized for safety, credibility and integrity. We need one more talented individual with goals to encourage excellence and create positive outcomes – you may be the perfect match.
In return for this level of talent and experience, Southern Star offers excellent medical benefits, competitive salary, 401k match, paid time off and reimbursements for tuition and fitness.
Perform, at a high level of skill, duties required for the operation of the pipeline system. Provide routine assistance in mechanical equipment repairs and preventative maintenance efforts in all functions within operations performs housekeeping throughout reporting location. Assist in maintenance and/or operation of various types of Company property such as buildings, machinery, rights of way, and pipelines. Maintain three phase electrical systems such as motors, control centers and related switchgear. Recommend and/or install electrical wiring/conduits and related facilities needed for "new" single- or three-phase electrical systems.
Technical Duties (with no direct supervision)
- Possess thorough, in-depth understanding of operations of natural gas transmission pipeline industry and electrical procedures
- Perform assigned duties in areas of pipeline and compressor station operations and maintenance activities with a high level of skill
- Utilize all applicable IT systems (e.g., MMS, Concur, Workforce, GIS, Ceridian SelfServ, etc.)
- Create/maintain all required documentation related to assignments
- Attain and Maintain proficiency in performing Operator Qualification tasks
- Comply with all applicable regulations, Company policies and procedures (e.g., OSHA, DOT, NFPA 70E, etc.)
- Defensive Driving
- Maintain First Aid/CPR certification
- Exxtend learning assignments
- CBT modules
- Completes all criteria in Qualifications section above as well as other items in the "Qualification Spreadsheet" as incorporated by reference.
- Lead safety presentations
- Understand and effectively implement Emergency Procedures
- Understand and use Sec 65 of the SSCGP O&M
- Participate in SSCGP Safety program
- Lead assigned projects
- Serve as role-model and mentor/coach for less tenured employees
- Other duties and training as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED, technical aptitude
- Journeyman's Electrician license
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Office products
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- Maintain a DOT physical card
- Experience in natural gas pipeline
- Bachelor's degree, associates or two-year technical degree
- Master Electrician license
- Must obtain OQ qualifications through Operator V level (not required for internal upgrade).
- Must attend and the pass the associated tests for each of the following areas
- NFPA 70 National Electrical Code (NEC) Test
- NFPA 70E ARC Flash Protection and Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- Electrical Troubleshooting & Preventive Maintenance