Medical Social Worker- Pain Consultants, FT, Days, Monday - Friday
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Social Service
Posted on May 14, 2022
- Provide individual and group counseling/therapy services primarily to an outpatient population, with ability to use tele-health as a mode of treatment in connecting with those in our region.
- Evaluates psychosocial issues and patient/family response to treatment.
- Evaluates support systems and the strengths and weaknesses of the patient/caregiver environment.
- Communicates goal progression and plan of care to treatment team.
- Communicates agency mission and services to potential referral sources.
- Master's Degree in Social Work.
- Currently be a Licensed Medical Social Worker in the State of Mississippi required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a psychiatric health care setting as therapist required.
- Must be knowledgeable various therapy techniques.
- Must be knowledgeable of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Must have the ability to identify the appropriate needs and care of the patients served at Behavioral Health and those receiving therapy through tele-health. (neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics).
- Must work independently with minimal guidance and supervision.