REVENUE PROPERTY ASSESSMENT LIAISON TRAINEENE DEPT OF REVENUE/LN
Revenue Property Assessment Liaison Trainee
**The Department does not sponsor non-immigrant work visas for this position.**
Under immediate to general supervision, the Liaison Trainee is trained to investigate and evaluate property valuation practices and procedures of county officials. Interprets, explains and applies manuals, guides, directives and regulations relating to property valuation developed by the Department of Revenue for the instruction and regulation of county property tax assessment.
- Examples of Work
1. Learns concepts and processes involving the analysis of assessment data, write assessment reports to summarize conclusions.
2. Assists Field Liaison in the evaluation of property valuation practices and procedures of county officials and co-assists county officials in interpreting and applying information contained in assessment reports.
3. Receives training in the proper application of property tax legislation, statutes, policies, procedures, uniform tax books, records and forms. Evaluates deadlines of all property tax categories that affects county assessors, county clerks, register of deeds and county treasurers.
4. Participates in meetings with property owners and county officials to explain assessment plans, statutes, policies, and procedures relating to property tax.
5. Answers or refers questions to the appropriate division with the Department of Revenue concerning assessments, levy, tax rates, procedures, and policy application.
6. Participates in conferences, seminars and other training for county officials, taxpayer groups, individual taxpayers, or their representatives relating to property assessment.
- Qualifications / Requirements
Five years of progressively responsible experience in real estate/real property assessment, or experience applying and interpreting statutes, regulations, or administrative procedures; OR Bachelor's degree with course work in a relevant area such as business administration, public administration, or economics, plus two years of professional experience.
Other: valid driver's license required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: terms commonly used in or related to real estate and real property assessment; professional report writing; statistical principles and application; agricultural land economics, effective processes for gathering, interpreting and evaluating data used in valuation of real property; and spreadsheet applications for data analysis.
Ability to: develop understanding of agency policies and procedures. Evaluate and draw conclusions based on merits of arguments presented; communicate effectively to individuals and groups both verbally and through written communication.