Patient Access Tech
Patient Access Tech
To inspire health and healing by putting patients first - ALWAYS.
The Patient Access Tech Registrar is responsible for interviewing the patient to collect required registration data and entering patient information into Hospital Information System. Obtains required signatures for hospital consents, HIPAA and Medicare documents. Answers telephone, updates computer records and directs patients as appropriate.
High school diploma or equivalent required and must be 19 years of age.
State Required: none
GPRMC Required/Preferred: none
1. Sit constantly.
2. Stand/walk frequently.
3. Lift floor to waist height 30 pounds occasionally; waist to waist 25 pounds occasionally; waist to overhead 20 pounds occasionally. And carry 10 pounds up to 25 feet occasionally.
4. Reach overhead frequently standing and turn reaching shoulder height while sitting frequently.
5. Fine motor coordination within normal limits for age and gender.
6. Constant computer use.
7. Visual acuity within normal limits.
1. Maintains a thorough understanding of the Registration modules in the Employee Health Record (EMR) system in order to pre-register and register patients. Accurately completes registration tasks by ad hearing to Standards of Work and Tip Sheets.
2. Demonstrates competency in interpretation of insurance information and cards, and accurately builds them into the EMR system. Actively notifies insurance companies of Patient Admissions and Eligibility concerns.
3. Demonstrates proper use of software applications to carry out duties timely and efficiently. This would include the EMR system, insurance websites, and other designated systems that are part of the Registration daily duties.
4. Ability to manage downtime procedures and re-initiation of EMR system. This includes Planned and Unplanned Downtimes. Actively participates in annual training and review of Downtime Standard of Work.
5. Ability to check patient insurance eligibility through EMR system or outside websites. Can properly identify collection elements, including copay, deductible, and co-insurance amounts. Can also interpret Coordination of Benefit responses and make necessary corrections.
6. Ability to complete a patient financial screening, to facilitate patient's needs, and financial reimbursement. Ability to identify potential collections prior to service and hold conversations to attempt to collect patient portion.
7. Ability to work in all registration areas if needed.
8. Meet or exceed daily and weekly productivity volumes to ensure all workque items are completed timely. Actively work and communicate with teammates in regards to workque issues.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the Registration Manager.