Cornell is a growing company, which offers great opportunities for advancement, in a collaborative, and rewarding environment.
As a Buyer, you will be working semi-autonomously, responsible for managing your own Suppliers, and will be challenged to push Supplier performance, while maintaining excellent Supplier partnerships with Cornell.
You will need:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- An analytical mindset that can mine data, identify trends, outliers and root causes
- An energetic, can-do attitude, and strong work ethic
If you want to work somewhere, where you will be expected to go above and beyond, and will be rewarded for doing so, then come and join the Cornell Pump team in the purchasing department as a Buyer.
Cornell Pump was established in 1946, and is a Roper Technologies, Inc. company.
What the Buyer will do:
- Manage suppliers for assigned commodities by negotiating price, delivery, quality and service levels with vendors
- Understands supplier reviews/evaluations for quality, on-time delivery, and cost competitiveness
- Resolves supplier performance issues that negatively impact Cornell's ability to fill customer orders (i.e.: nonconforming material returns and replacement, late delivery, cost increase, etc.)
- Initiates RFP's and RFQ's from the simple to the complex
- Experience with Epicor is a plus
- The Buyer will be responsible for procuring proper materials in the appropriate quantities from qualified suppliers utilizing the ERP system
- Pursue cost reductions and/or profit improvement through cooperative efforts with supply base.
- Maintains inventory control by managing inventory levels of assigned commodities along with identifying and disposing of excess and inactive inventory.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Supply Chain Management or related with a minimum of two years related experience
- Analytical Skills: You will be working with multiple vendors to determine the best deals and will have to evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors
- Negotiation skills: You will be working with suppliers to create the best deals. Negotiating skills will help you create those deals
- Strong decision-making abilities: You will need to use the information you have gathered to make decisions on behalf of Cornell
- Math skills: Basic math skills will be needed to analyze prices and get the best deals possible
Buyer Software Requirements:
- Prior utilization of ERP software for the fulfillment of ongoing production requirements
- Microsoft Office Suite especially excellent Excel skills
About Cornell Pump Company
We are Cornell Pump Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc., located in Clackamas, Oregon with more than 70 years in the business. You don’t stay in business that long without a great team. Our employees are experienced and dedicated to delivering great service. We manufacture centrifugal pumps for a wide variety of industries, including Agricultural, Industrial, Municipal, Rental and Mining.
We offer many cool Benefits
If you want to take vacation time Cornell Pump offers paid PTO and holiday time. We have Food Truck Fridays in the summer paid for by the company. A great 401k plan with matching contributions with immediate vesting. A company picnic every summer, Christmas party and Santa Day for all the families with kids. Two options for medical insurance - a PPO and a HDHP with an HSA, also dental and vision coverage. Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D .The company pays for Basic Life Insurance and AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, two weeks Parental Leave, and an Employee Assistance Program. After you have been with the company for 6 months you are eligible for our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. The Roper Technologies, Inc Applicant Privacy Notice link is also below. Click or copy and paste the link address below into your browser for more information:
- Oregon OSHA Rights
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- N:\HR Policies and Forms\HR policies\Roper Applicant Privacy Notice .docx