Mixologist / Bartender, Wait Staff, Assistant Cook
The Cedar Room
Mixologist / Bartender
Our high-end restaurant is searching for an experienced Mixologist /Bartender who is familiar with a wide variety of drink recipes including craft cocktails and is capable of delivering quality customer service. The Mixologist / Bartender will be responsible for serving patrons at our front bar and fulfilling drink orders for the dining room, monitoring the cash drawer at the bar and performing alcohol inventories at the end of each night to help in maintaining proper inventory levels.
• Excellent communication skills
• Deliver a consistently high level of customer service to each client and maintain a safe environment by identifying problem clients and having them removed
• Keep bar area clean in accordance with the company's guidelines as well as the requirements of the local health department
• Maintain an accurate cash drawer throughout the night and be able to account for any and all discrepancies in the final drawer tally
• Must be able to cost a cocktail based on amount and price of ingredients to maximize profitability.
• Develop an efficient work pace that keeps the customers at the bar and in the dining room satisfied at all times
• All employees that are to serve alchohol must attend a 5 hour training course held at The Cedar Room lead by NE State Patrol at a designated time and date.
The Cedar Room
• We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
• The right Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
• Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we'd like to meet you. To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
• Keep in mind that Waiter/Waitress duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
• Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
• Greet and escort customers to their tables
• Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
• Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
• Inform customers about the day's specials
• Offer menu recommendations upon request
• Up-sell additional products when appropriate
• Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization
• Check customers' IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
• Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
• Serve food and drink orders
• Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
• Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining areaDeliver checks and collect bill payments
• Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
• Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
• Follow all relevant health department regulations
• Provide excellent customer service to guests
• Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
• Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
Basic math skills
Attentiveness and patience for customers
Excellent presentation skills
Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
Active listening and effective communication skills
Flexibility to work in shifts
Also looking for Assistant Cook.